HydroChem operate a water programme using it's model of understanding for ease of understanding, clarity and effectiveness.
The Three Pillars of Water Safety
> Monitored Water Quality
> Trained and Competent Staff
As measures are put in place, so the water becomes safer.
HydroChem have developed an integrated risk management programme for clients that offers a number of significant benefits and features to assist in meeting current obligations as required by the Health and Safety Approved Code of Practice "L8", The Control of Legionella Bacteria in Water Systems.
The requirements under ACOP L8 are
- Risk Assessment of the site and equipment / plant (To identify areas at potential risk)
- To write up a format with schematic plans (logbook format)
- The assignment of a responsible person to manage/implement a scheme and recommendations)
- To keep records (A history of site conditions and test results)
- HydroChem has formatted these in having one as on-line or as preferred a hard copy manual.
- Risk assessment of the site and equipment which highlights areas of risk and recommending a course of remedial actions if needed.
- Regular monitoring and reporting of test results. The reporting of site test results and the certification after inspection.
- The parameters include TVC's, Coliforms, Pseudomonas, Legionella, Temperature, pH, Hardness and others as requested to suit clients wishes and or meet local authority requirements including private water supply, well water and other source checks and audit monitoring.
For ease of system identification is available. Managerial effectiveness is ensured to meet compliance with the Health and Safety Executive. Access and visibility of all test results and comments are backed up with downloadable certificates and risk assessments. These also include all email alerts to any authorised users and audited staff which show up out of specification information and results for action on all parties.
Comprehensive reports include:
- Online risk assessment
- Online test results (Log book)
- Online microbioligal results
- Online email alerts
- Online remedial work comment/report
- SafeWater certificate (for display)
As an adjunct to above a SafeWater handbook is available for each location.