HydroChem possess unrivalled knowledge with regards to operation and maintenance of cooling towers, safely and efficiently.
Our cooling tower cleaning service incorporates a wealth of knowledge and experience coupled with innovative techniques, tools and cleaning products.
A long list of accreditations and qualifications including registration with the Legionella Control Association means that HydroChem are perfectly positioned to undertake any cooling tower cleaning contracts throughout the UK and mainland Europe.
Cleaning and disinfection of a cooling tower is best achieved by removing the cooling tower pack. The pack constitutes the majority of the wetted surface area within a cooling tower system and as such is one of the main areas where scale, debris and bio-film are likely to accumulate. It is the most difficult area to clean adequately.
However, where it is not reasonably practicable to remove the pack from the cooling tower, foam cleaning of the pack in-situ can be carried out. HydroChem utilise our own blended Pack-Clean, which is designed to clean in-situ by dissolving scale deposits and disinfecting cooling tower surfaces. On lightly scaled and fouled systems it is used as a replacement for packing removal and as a method for lengthening packing lifespan.
Our cooling tower cleaning service guarantees that your plant and equipment are operating within the appropriate laws, guidance and legislation.
Upon completion, a 'Certificate of Cleaning' shall be issued as required under Section 68(g) of the ACoP L8 Document.
- Cleaning and disinfection procedures are in full compliance with L8 ACoP and Guidance Legionnaires Disease
- The control of Legionella bacteria in water systems, BS 6700:1997 and EC Directive 80/778/EEC
- All HydroChem cleaning and disinfection technicians are experienced and qualified, having undertaken all the required training
- HydroChem has experience working in array of industries and environments and are therefore flexible enough to work under site or local management rules and instructions
- Cleaning and disinfection can be employed as a standalone service, or we would be happy to incorporate it into a wider repair and maintenance regime.